Report on printer shipment in global market for the first quarter in 2014
An international well-known research organization IDC has issued a report on shipment delivered for A2-A4 printer in the first quarter of 2014.
- It records 2.1% increase compared to the same period in last year.
- Quantity is increasing for the past three consecutive quarters.
In region analysis, Asia Pacific (not including Japan) and Western Europe maket, these two main markets, shipment is 7700k and 5400k pcs, raising 5.5% and 7.1% respectively.
Amonst of printers, laser printer gains the biggest growth (4% up) takes share of 38% in printer global shipment. Moreover, monochrome laser printer shipment is amount to 8000k pcs (2.6% up) – amount to 80.1% of total laser printer market.
Colour laser printer shipment is 2000kpcs (+8%) 19.9% of laser printer. Colour laser printer gains 4 consecutive quarter growth.
Inkjet printer takes 58.5% share, but shipment quantities decrease by 3%
1. HP still be the leader (40.3% market share), IQ14/IQ13 growth is 6.5%
2. Canon hit the second rank (18.5% market share), IQ14/IQ13 decrease by 7.2%
3. Epson is the 3rd rank (14.3% market share), IQ14/IQ13 growth is 11.5%
4. Brother is the 4th rank(11.1% market share), IQ14/IQ13 growth is 1.5%
5. Samsung is the 5th rank (6% market share), IQ14/IQ13 decrease by 7.3%
IDD give forecast that the global printer shipment will keep on raising in the coming quarter of 2014.